[P1] What is SPSS 11?

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Wed Apr 30 20:04:07 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Apr 30, 2003, at 07:17 US/Central, Mark D. Chapman wrote:

>> OK, I give. What's SPSS 11.0? Society for Prevention of Spam
>> Spreaders?
>
> Statistics software. I don't know what it stands for. It does not say
> anywhere in the program.

Statistical Package for the Social Sciences.  It has been around for
a long time.  According to the SPSS Inc. FAQ, since some time in the
1960's.  They don't say when, but they founded the company in 1968
so I'd guess around 1966.  It may be close to the oldest software
(for some definition of age) that runs on the Mac!

	Mike