damn windows player!

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Fri Aug 1 14:52:55 PDT 2003

I downloaded 6 new Wallace & Grommit free minimovies from, I thinkk,
Atom films.
They are .asf files. They show icons.
HOWEVER, when I click on one, I get Windows Media Player up, but it says
"No Connection". Is it ONLY good for playing stuff as it rolls off the
Internet? Can't play a stable HD-located file?
	I tried playing it with a VC type player that's been able to play other
stubborn formats, but it said it didn't have the right codec for a
MPEG-4 file...at least that's as good as I can remember it.
	Any help out there or must I abandon my chances of watching these movies?
thanks,

--
—don hinkle

The Texan stereotype is a loud, overbearing, braggart — ”Now listen,
son, I’ll tell you how to do it.” Okies are the opposite: understated,
quieter, more humble with a strong streak of self-effacing humor and
sarcasm. “I would dearly appreciate your showing me how to do it since
I’ve only done this a thousand times.” One popular automobile bumper
sticker reads, “It’s hard to be humble when you’re a Sooner.”   Read
OKLAHOMA, an Enslow book, by Donald Henry Hinkle. ISBN 0-7660-5138-2