[P1] Scanner Suggestions

James Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 07:53:39 PDT 2003

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 11:45 PM, Dan Farley wrote:

>>> I need a home scanner that plays well with both my ibook and
>>> winderzXPee.
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
> I love the Canon Canoscans for casual use. They are thin, light, and
> powered
> by the usb cable so you can move them around without crawling under a
> desk
> and trying to plug/unplug a power brick. You can find them for $60 to
> $120
> last time I was looking.

Yeah, I like my LiDE 30 as well, BUT was quite miffed that I had to buy
PhotoShop Elements if I wanted a scanner driver that operated in X.
Yes, the OS 9/Classic driver works very nicely, but after holding my
breath for the appropriate driver to come with one of the OS X updates,
I spent $90 for OSE, which otherwise I had no need for.

Patrick