[P1] Scanner Suggestions

James Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 08:53:01 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 11:24 AM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> On 8/3/03 9:53 AM, "James Patrick Draine" <draine at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I like my LiDE 30 as well, BUT was quite miffed that I had to
>> buy
>> PhotoShop Elements if I wanted a scanner driver that operated in X.
>
> Could you explain this? I have a Umax Astra 2100U scanner that forces
> me
> back to Classic, but I already have PhotoShop Elements. Are you saying
> there's something in Elements that will let my scanner operate in OSX?
> (Right now, using that scanner is the ONLY thing I do that requires
> Classic.)

Geez, I'm not "Mr. Answer Man" when it comes to scanner drivers, but my
Canon LiDE 30 seems to need PhotoShop (I bought Elements 2.0, I sure
wasn't ready to buy the complete PhotoShop package) for its driver to
work. Which I found quite aggravating. Sorry, I don't know if it will
help with your Umax. Perhaps a visit to their website might find more
information for you.
Why does installing scanner drivers have to be so kloodgey??

Patrick