[P1] Scanner Suggestions

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Sun Aug 3 12:51:44 PDT 2003

> Well, that would have been my preference but I couldn't get it to work
> for me. I take it you've got it working that way for you? I read on
> some X lists others claiming it was possible, but if so either I or the
> "How To" instructions were rather obtuse.
> I did try.
> Yours in Obtuseness,
> Patrick

I have been using a shareware program called VueScan with my canon canoscan.
I bought it when it was the only option to use OSX with many scanners. An
unexpected advantage has been to hook up to literally almost any current USB
based scanner and scan without loading separate drivers. A great option when
you're carrying an iBook around school. VueScan (check at
<www.versiontracker.com> for the latest update is the ticket.

Dan