[P1] Heraclitus quote, was [P1] Battery woes

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Tue Aug 5 10:05:59 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 12:47 US/Eastern, George Slusher
<gslusher at rio.com> wrote:

>> The bureaucrats must've really grumbled about the Y0K problem. Just
>> think of the mess it must've made of their record-keeping.
>
> FWIW, there was no Year 0: the numbers go from 1 BCE to 1 CE.
> (Internationally, it's usual to use "CE" for "Current Era," rather than
> AD, and BCE rather than BC.)
>
> George Slusher/Eugene, OR
> gslusher at rio.com

With all due respect, George, it's a joke. Think about it a couple
minutes.

Also, I prefer to use the more traditional AD and BC. CE and BCE are
just euphemisms for what they really stand for--kinda like saying, "Oh,
fudge!" when you really meant something else.   ::-)

--
Jonathan Fletcher