[P1] Worst iBook review to date?

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 05:33:06 PDT 2003

>> Wow.  Hardly even a review if you ask me.
>
> I agree. If they are going to put so little effort into a review, then why
> bother at all?? I don't care if it is a positive or a negative review, after
> all, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it sounded like she had made
> up her mind before she started...

I wrote for InsideMacGames.com for a little while, and sometimes we had to get first impressions/previews out the door before the beta was even working particularly well on our personal hardware.  Was told that a number of sites will sometimes not even play the game (look at some of the reviews online for games on multiple platforms; sometimes the reviews for each platform are word for word) before kicking something out.

I think anyone could have written their iBook "review" having just checked the tech specs and been a little in the know about Macs.  Does make me wonder if she touched the hardware in question.

Oh well.  Thanks for sharing the pain.

Ruffin Bailey