[P1] Worst iBook review to date?

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Thu Aug 7 16:18:09 PDT 2003

> I don't understand the brittle clicking noise they refer to in regards
> to the keyboard.

fake long acrylic fingernails? The springy quality was deliberately
built in to the keyboard to give it more of a desktop feel and less of
a cardboard feel. The ibook keys actually have a silicon nipple that
telescopes into its base to give this spring. which also makes for a
more accurate typing experience since your fingers feel the keys
working. While I like the 15" pb, I prefer the springy keys on the
ibook over the hard no movement feel of the TiBook

Changing subjects for a minute, there have been at least 2 posts about
this review that mention it or behavior like it was a contributing
factor in cancelling a subscription. I think it would be a good idea
for the authors to send those messages exactly as written to the
MacWorld letters to the editor section. They need the feedback that
their attitudes and work ethics need reformating according to their
readership.