[P1] YOK definition?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 11 06:29:02 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 05:15  AM, George Slusher wrote:

>  Of course, the concept of "BC" and "AD" (or,
> today, "BCE" and "CE") didn't come about for several hundred years
> "AD."

I think we should abandon the Catholic calendar and all that Middle
East stuff and begin a US Calendar that begins with either the Atom
Bomb, our most significant offering to the world, or use my birthday.
OK, we might consider 1776 ADCE as a good starting point. Thus we might
write August 10, 226 US or 60 US. And then we might consider getting
rid of all those Roman names for days and months, perhaps using a bar
code symbol instead or OneWorkDay, TwoWorkDay, ThreeWorkDay, OneOffDay,
TwoOffDay. We could name the months SpringOne, SpringTwo, SummerOne,
SummerTwo, etc. Or just drop the names and use numbers as we do in
8.8.226 and use the period instead of the slash bar since it is easier
to type.

It seems appropriate since the US Constitution says that Congress shall
make no law regarding the establishment of a religion and isn't that
what using the Catholic Calendar or the Jewish Calendar or the Muslim
Calendar, etc, does?

---
I just happened to remember that I have a problem remembering things
and I am a procrastinator. So I decided to create an automated system
to remind and force me to follow up. I'll probably start on it tomorrow.

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net