[P1] iBook Freaking Out!?

bill traynor btraynor at linux.ca
Wed Aug 13 19:03:53 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 21:59, Joe Sporleder wrote:
> I have a new iBook. It is one of the 900mhz models, 12.1" screen, combo
> drive, 40GB drive, 640MB or RAM and so on. I bought it new from my
> local Apple dealer about 3 months ago. It has had some trouble waking
> up on occasion, i.e., the keyboard would respond, and I could here the
> HD and optical drive working, but the screen would stay black. It
> happened less than 25% of the time, so I didn't worry to much about it,
> figuring if it got worse, I'd reset the Power Manager and the PRAM.

Joe, return it to the Apple dealer as you're still within your 12 month
warranty period.  Also, go buy the extended apple care warranty
immediately!  As for your problem, it sounds familiar, see:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?50@@.3bbeca9e

http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?50@86.ZfYwa3JVkbm.5@.3bb8aa5f/2

http://pub8.ezboard.com/ftheibookuserboardtheibookforum.showMessage?topicID=296.topic

Did I mention you should go buy the extended warranty today!