[P1] iBook hinge and screen backlight loss

Ed Wiser ewiser at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 15 13:21:38 PDT 2003

Mike I just posted about this the other day. You have a pinched backlight
cable. the cable runs up through the right hinge to the back of the screen.
The airport antenna wire is also run with backlight power wires as well as
the wake from sleep switch. If you still have applecare send it in and get
it fixed. My daughters 500 mz iBook was out of applecare when it happened.
Had to fix it myself order the part from Small dog electronics for 20
dollars took 4 hours to take apart and put back together the iBook. You have
to take it completely apart to fix. The problem will get progressly worse
and is a common problem with iBooks. When fixing my daughters iBook I made
sure it would not happen again by routing the cables properly.