[P1] type appearance

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Tue Aug 19 01:09:20 PDT 2003

Ah, true, thanks Joe.
Actually, that's reassuring but it doesn't help me aesthetically while
I'm writing! Is there anyway while I'm working to get a better look? I
tried Geneva but didn't like it much either.

Joe Jones wrote:

> Purely a display issue. The view in AppleWorks is an appoximation of
> what it will look like when printed. To see what it really looks like,
> select print and click "preview". It will open the file in preview.app
> and you can zoom in on it and see what it will look like when printed
> (or made into a pdf).
>
> The display of the text in AppleWorks isn't a reflection of the final
> output.
>
> Joe
>
> On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 01:32 Europe/London, don hinkle wrote:
>
>> Working in Jaguar on my iBook, is quite nice.
>> However, seemingly a small thing...I tend to write first in Tex-Edit,
>> then move to Appleworks.
>> The same document in New York font at 14 point looks great in
>> Tex-Edit, but in Appleworks the display looks thin, bony almost, and
>> disappointingly lighter.
>> Any explanation for this?

>> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
>> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>> Need help from a real person? Try.
>> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>> ----------
>> Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com   | Enter To Win A |
>>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |
>>
>> iBookPlanet.com |  Visit iBookPlanet.com for the hottest
>>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>>
>>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
>> Traveler  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
>> <http://roadtools.com>
>>
>> MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
>> $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
>> <http://www.macresq.com>

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler
>  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Ñdonald henry hinkle

Author of OKLAHOMA, a brief story about a state, ISBN 0-7660-5138-2, and
RONALD REAGAN, a biography of the 40th President of the USA, ISBN
0-7660-5112-9, both published in 2003 by Enslow.