[P1] Retrospect Express vs. Backup

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 14:57:25 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 12:42  PM, James Patrick Draine wrote:

> YMMV, but CCC has been excellent in my experience. Buying Retrospect
> was just a waste of money for me.

Retrospect verifies the backup, no other X backup software does this,
well there's one sync package that is very slow and rated to be very
careful about what it does.

For me the verification is the deciding factor although most of the
backup software for X that I have tried flaked out at some point. With
over 200,000 files to backup, verification is a small comfort.

This decision was not made on a whim or from someone else's glowing
recommendation but by comparison and testing, albeit I wouldn't win any
awards for my methods.

---
Funnier than a drunk with hiccups on a Segway...

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net