Carbon Copy Cloner

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 19 16:06:16 PDT 2003

I have a new 120 Gig external HD and a new copy of Carbon Copy Cloner.

I tried running it last night for an initial clone, and after 4 hours, it
had done one small folder of photos and said it was then doing
"Applications." I gave up and shut it down.

Today I started from scratch all over again. It's now been 5 1/2 hours, all
it's been able to do is that same folder of photos, and as before it says
it's working on the Applications folder, which I imagine is pretty big. So,
do I have a problem here? Or is this amount of time normal for a full system
clone.

According to the log, it says it's done a bunch of small things, plus that
one folder of photos (not a real big one), and it's just plugging away at
that Applications folder.

Again, is this normal? Should I shut it down and try again? Should I give up
and try another backup program?

Thanks,
Brian