[P1] palm won't connect

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 12:35:59 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 02:25  PM, Charles Pearce wrote:

>>  But the
>> manual clearly says the USB HotSync cradle works with Mac.
>> Is this thread about something different?

The problem used to be between pc serial ports and mac serial ports,
the pins and connectors were different. There were adapters that made
it OK so as long as you had the correct software, you could sync.

USB cradles will work on both Mac and PC if you have the proper drivers
on your computer. Apple and Microsoft typically supply the drivers when
you buy a new computer or update or upgrade your OS.

With OS X you need to get Palm Desktop 4.0 or better.

>  The only problem I had was when I updated iSynch not long ago, it
> lost all my addresses.

This type of problem can be avoided by duplicating the Palm folder
where you user stuff is stored. I think it is in the Documents folder.
If you then crash, just copy the contents from the copy to the
original. Notice I said copy because if you crashed once you may crash
again.

> Can't speak with experience about phones with Palms in them.

Being a phone makes no difference as long as you can get the right cord.

---
Funnier than a drunk with hiccups on a Segway...

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net