[P1] Retrospect Express vs. Backup

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Thu Aug 21 12:42:12 PDT 2003

Carbon Copy Cloner is really a wrapper for tools that are already
available in Vanilla OS X, it just makes it very easy to produce
backups without having to know about the unix underpinnings of the OS.

You need the BSD Tools (which are installed by default on OS X installs
from the factory) since there are programs and utilities in here that
CCC uses to work its magic.

After all the talk on this list, and the loss of my parents' PC hard
drive a little while ago I was spurred into action and downloaded CCC.
In less than an hour I had a mirror image of my OS X boot drive on an
external firewire one.

Painless, quick, and it could save my life one day (well, all my data
at least).

Joe