"cleaning crew"

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Fri Aug 22 01:49:34 PDT 2003

> Gosh, I thought "cleaning crew" would wake up the Machine.
> Is there a way to automate the process...are there certain nights
> cleaning crew like to work? Sunday and Thurs? Mon and Fri? Or is it
> just
> when I think to turn off sleep?

According to all the research I did in books and online, the unix
housekeeping chores are not down if the system is asleep. At this time,
it appears there is no way to wake it up for housekeeping. If it is
possible for  an automated script or something like that to wake the
system up, I'm sure somebody will get around to writing it soon. As of
now, it has not been enough of a priority for me to go hunting it down
if it exists.