[P1] Help, no dictionary for X?

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Fri Aug 22 07:22:40 PDT 2003

Ah, World Book will do it. Like you say, it's not as complete as the
others, including American Heritage version, but it'll keep me from
having to go online each time I need a quick definition. For instance,
how many know what "comprise" really means? Or, how do you spell the
word that pronounced sounds like "wallah"...<g>
Thanks to all for their replies.

Emma Gilbride wrote:
> World Book, which came with my iBook, is not only an encyclopedia, it is
> a dictionary. Granted, it's not the Oxford or Webster's unabridged, but
> it's free.
>
> On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 02:19  PM, don hinkle wrote:
>
>> For several years, I've used the American Heritage Dictionary in OS 8
>> and 9. Now, I can't seem to locate a version that runs natively in
>> Jaguar. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement? I use such a tool
>> a lot in my work.
>> thanks,
>>
>> --
>> donald henry hinkle

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler
>  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Ñdonald henry hinkle

Author of OKLAHOMA, a brief story about a state, ISBN 0-7660-5138-2, and
RONALD REAGAN, a biography of the 40th President of the USA, ISBN
0-7660-5112-9, both published in 2003 by Enslow.