Power nib

Kenny Feder harpofeder at comcast.net
Tue Aug 26 07:07:04 PDT 2003

Hello everyone.

The power nib has broken off inside my 14" iBook. Bummer. Certainly, I'll
need to replace the power adaptor, but my big problem is that there doesn't
seem to be any way to remove the nib; my luck, it broke off pretty deeply
inside the power port which has, as you all probably know, a very small
diameter. I thought I came up with a clever solution; just buy an external
battery charger and always use the machine on battery, but the only charger
I can find (3rd party)  states that it is for the 12" (icebook) (I assume 12
and 14 inch iBooks use different batteries?).

What are my options? Has anyone had this same problem? I don't have
AppleCare on it (shame on me). Pretty expensive, I imagine. Anyway, any help
you all can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ken Feder