[G5] I touched it...

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 27 13:40:31 PDT 2003

The G5 was put on display 2.5 hours ago and I was the first non-CompUSA
employee to touch it and to wiggle its mouse. I guess I have been
through too many upgrades, new Macs, rivers of hype and System 7,8,9, X
crashes because while really like it's case design, I found I really
didn't care about it. That's just me because it is a great looking
computer. I never did care for the fat plastic tower case but this
metallic one seems meant for business rather than artificial glamor
which doesn't quite make it.

Naturally after picking a few computer mags at Brentanos to read over a
chai frappachino (flavored tea with blended ice and canned pressured
chemicals posing as whipped cream) I read an article about the Intel
and AMD 64 bit processors soon to arrive. Maybe some unbiased people
will do some real work comparisons and we can see how it stacks up
against everyone else.

Anyway, here they come and you should be able to buy one soon, maybe
today. Don't take my lack of enthusiasm seriously as I am a diehard
Powerbook user who hates all those wires and until Apple delivers a new
17" PB under $2000 with all the bells and whistles and a G5 processor...

On a more upbeat note I did purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.0 and should
begin distributing my photos internationally very soon.

---
A great site for editorial cartoons: <http://cagle.slate.msn.com/>

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>