[P1] 9.2 vs the iPod

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Thu Aug 28 13:26:54 PDT 2003

> First, I'm not sure why it doesn't work.  If you drag over MP3s they
> appear on the hard drive, but don't show up in the playlist.  Is it
> just something as simple as a missing .mp3 extension?

Did you upgrade your itunes and ipod software on the ibook? If not, do
that first.

> But this is an iBook list, so my real question is if I have to go
> ahead and upgrade my dual firewire iceBook, can I just go pick up the
> CD at compUSA and convert?  I guess I was due anyway, so I'm
> wondering what is the least painful way to switch over.

Your ibook should have come with a cd to install some version of OS X.
Look for that before you buy. If it is less than 10.2, I suggest you
wait and buy Panther when it is released.

If you don't have a CD with X as part of your packaged cds, just wait
for Panther and upgrade all at once. It will save you $130 since you
would probably want to upgrade to Panther anyway.

If none of these options work for you and you want to buy Jag now,
check MacResQ, OWC, MegaMacs for discounted copies but be sure to
either email or call to verify you are getting the correct package
since they have various flavors of upgrade paths.