[P1] .Mac mail problems

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 28 19:04:23 PDT 2003

On 8/28/03 10:14 AM, "Dan Farley" <danfarley at mac.com> wrote:

> Recently I'm having problems sending mail via smtp on my .mac account. The
> Web Mail works OK. I can receive my mail through my dialup ISP but sending
> mail suddenly stopped working.

Since you say you're using Entourage:

Go to "Tools" in the menubar, pull it down and open "Accounts" at the very
bottom. When the Accounts box opens, double click the name of your account.
The Edit Account box will open. Click the Account Setting tab, go to the
bottom and you'll see Sending Mail. In that area there'll be a drop down
menu for Advanced Sending options. Open it and make sure the third option,
"SMTP Server Requires Authentication" is checked, and under that make sure
the top box saying you want the same settings as you use for "sending mail"
is also checked.

Hope this helps,
Brian