So is there any other reason why I should upgrade this old baby?

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Sat Aug 30 04:23:27 PDT 2003

> So is there any other reason why I should upgrade this old baby? thanks

YES!!!!! If you have to do a lot of typing or mousing with the
trackpad, it still has the most comfortable palm and typing areas ever
created on a laptop. If you have a frequent need to change locations or
rooms while you are processing files or projects, you can semi-close it
and carry it by the handle, when you get to the new room, the files are
done, ready and waiting for you.

Last year, I spent a lot of time in hospital and doctor's waiting rooms
with my husband. When I would get to a critical point in a project it
would be our turn, I just semi-closed it so it was less likely to get
knocked into a door jam and didn't have to lose a lot of work or figure
out where I was or make the doctor wait for us. I also got the ibook a
lot of attention.

It is still one of the most rugged laptops ever made and is less likely
to have screen problems like the newer, smaller, thinner books do. If
you over pack your computer bag, you are less likely to get screen
damage. That said, NEVER overpack your computer bag with any laptop and
always put something the same size and flat, ie, a legal pad or notepad
with NO SPIRAL binding, a magazine, book, etc., next to the screen side
of your book to keep it from being damaged by a sharp object in the bag
poking or pressing into the screen from the back side.