[P1] Migrating to a new mac

David Linker dtlinker at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 30 21:32:43 PDT 2003

What I have done it the past is connect the two with a firewire cable,
restart the laptop in firewire target disk mode (Hold down the "t" key
during startup), and then it will mount as an external hard drive. You
can then just drag and drop from the laptop to the desktop machine, and
sort things out later.

I have also used this when I had to send the laptop in for repairs, as
a backup.

DTL