[P1] Power ON or OFF

Ken Anderson kanderson at theglobal.net
Sun Aug 31 13:28:24 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 09:47  AM, Chris Weinkauf wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just a quick question.  Would it do any harm for me to leave my iBook
> on 24/7? or should I shut it down at night?  Just migrated from the PC
> world where I had to shut the thing off or it might blow up.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

Chris,

First off, welcome to the iBook and Mac community as a whole! That
said..

I leave my own iBook on 24/7 and don't always let it sleep, same with
my G3 tower.  By not always sleeping overnight the Unix self
maintenance stuff runs (at like 3 AM) and keeps things running smooth
and problem free.

At least that's how I do it.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong
on the maintenance things.

Enjoy your new iBook!

Ken