[P1] Panther bits

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Dec 1 07:26:05 PST 2003

Am 1/12/03 11:36 am schrieb "david" unter <davidwb at spymac.com>:

> Okay, a question:
>
> So if a student emailed with a question,
> when I replied to that message it would be sent from my default email
> account, not the one it was sent to.
>
> I've never used an email client that did this! It's as if Apple assumes we
> all have only one email address. Has this been fixed in Panther?

Wouldn't one be able to create a rule for this (at least in Entourage) by
looking at the account it was sent to and then also using it to reply to the
message? I thought that this could also be set up in Mailing List manager
but will have to investigate more...

I did find that with Mail the multiple accounts was a BIG issue as I
couldn't seem to set more than one of the accounts smtp settings right for
authentification for the second or further accounts...drove me nuts...but
again it may have been lurking somewhere undiscovered...and yes I did try to
do this with the settings in Mail, it just didn't seem to want to take the
changed settings on after I saved and closed the window...causing me to not
be able to send messages from that account.

Also I found the wording of the Mail items somewhat different...Mailboxes to
me would mean the entire Mailbox for that account and not individual folders
I create for sorting of incoming messages...but now I'm just whining...

I agree with Joost about the synching bit...also good to know is that if you
use a Palm or other handheld then using the Apple apps are the only way to
go for best synch results...Entourage works but it is not as well
integrated...

BTW Joost, I think David was not asking either of us in particular but
rather simply used that message to pose his question.

Cheers,

Richard