[P1] Panther bits

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Mon Dec 1 08:09:38 PST 2003

----- On 12/1/03 12:41 AM MDT (-0600), Zoki <zoki.news at linuxix.net>
wrote, in part:

>What hasn't been mentioned during the compaison of Mail and Entourage
>(G3-800) is that Mail slows down when it has to "swallow" a lot of mail
>and/or if your address book has a lot of entries. I talk about > 600
>messages a day and approx 1500 contacts. I'm on several Linux lists, one of
>them generating a lot of messages so the amount is normal. A assure you, I
>don't read them all but they're still downloaded. Furthermore, I find Mail,
>by default, a bit of a hog for a G3 CPU, even without a lot of messages.

Which version of Mail? Panther? I'll be using a 1.25GHz G4 PowerBook. My
mail volume is about half of what you describe.

>However, I don't advice buying MS Office X just for the Entourage client.
>Mail still can be used by taking some precautions.

What kind of "precautions?"

>Then, ofcourse, the Calendar is more polished than iCal and snappier on a
>G3. The ability to link e.g. an appointment with a ToDo item with the
>Address with a Note (or any other combination) within Entourage is a nice
>feature too.

Do you know if these all sync with the Palm OS?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
    Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
          <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562