[P1] Move Quicktime Pro

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Wed Dec 3 06:08:37 PST 2003

On Dec 2, 2003, at 7:09 PM, Dan Farley wrote:

> I Have a quicktime pro license that purchased and installe when all I
> had
> was a 500 mhz iBook. I recently purchased a dual 800 tower and would
> like to
> put QT Pro on it and use regular old QT on my ice book. What do I have
> do?
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Open up your QuickTime Player on the old machine and click on the
"Registration" button. That will show you the name and serial number of
your QuickTime Pro license. Copy this information EXACTLY as it appears
and then open Player on your new machine and type in the information in
the "Registration" area. Delete the original after you make sure that
it works on the new one (Or "unregister" it by removing the serial
number). All the features of Pro are there when you install the basic
Player, they're just turned off until registered.

Hope this helps. I think it will work, it has been about a year since I
last needed to do this.

Charles Pearce <charlesp at ksu.edu>