[P1] lost files ...

patdart patdart at cox-internet.com
Sun Dec 7 20:58:08 PST 2003

On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 10:46 PM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> How did you make the movie? I just exported one clip from iMovie and
> it went from 73 Megs to 1 Meg (email format). This is a fully
> contained movie. If I open that in Quicktime and then do a Save As,
> then the option to create the pointer file shows up and this may cause
> problems.

I made the movie as a sony .mpeg file...and imported it via the drag
and drop to my desktop...then, I ran it thru Graphic Converter batch to
make it lighter...and then saved that...still in QT, I thought.  After
we viewed it a few times, and everyone agreed that it was as light as
it could be without being odd looking, I dragged it to my Documents
file and then did a drag and drop witth the other one to a CD.  I
believed it was saved in my Documents folder in a file called
'Movies'...and now all I have is a QT icon...no file to play..and the
odd thing is that the first one comes up empty, but the second one
launches QTPlayer, but is blank...
> Second, is the file that you are trying to open an Alias file? Maybe
> you created an alias and stored that somewhere and then deleted the
> original. Do a Command I on the file and see what it says.
I didn't knowingly or otherwise delete it, but must have thru an
accident.  I'll do a Command I and see..

> Anyway, check the trash...and do a Find in the finder and see if you
> can find it by name. The missing copy MIGHT show up.

I'll check the Find, but I've done a bunch of them and can't find a
trace of it, but the icons in Documents...

Thanks for your thoughts...all of them...

Pat