My Xmas stupid question

John Paul Moore johnpaulmoore at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 12:51:15 PST 2003

I know this group is at least as smart as the clerk at the OfficeMax,
so I need ask you to confirm or debunk what he told me.

My daughter has filled up her ibook with mp3s, has asked for a digital
camera for Xmas, and clearly needs more storage. I thought it would be
simple enough to find an external usb hard drive for her clamshell, but
all the ones available are usb 2 and the kid as OfficeMax says a usb 2
device will not work with her ibook's usb 1 port (and Mac OS 9.2). Is
this true? And if it is, has anyone got suggestions for external hard
drive capacity for clamshells?  She is burning off some of her songs
onto cds, but she wants all that music available in her itunes and
without more storage will have no place to put her new digital photos.

TIA for your help. Daddy Santa