Disk Repair Software--Recommendations?

Erin Randel bluelight at en.com
Thu Dec 11 06:17:25 PST 2003

I have a pretty new 14"  ibook that went to a blue screen right before
our family vacation in November. (Yay!) When we came back, I got apple
care to try and fix it (I didn't know about booting from a disk).

The second, less snotty applecare guy said i'd need a third party
program to address some of the ibook's problems: invalid volume file
count? Missing thread count? I'm a designer and a bit of a computer
retard. The guy told me to get norton, disk 10 (??) or disk warrior.

What have you used, what's worked, how should I pick?

Thanks, Erin

PS: alternative is to re-something the hard drive. Sounds scary!!