[P1] iTunes Help

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Dec 15 10:43:29 PST 2003

Am 15/12/03 5:55 pm schrieb "Charles Pearce" unter <charlesp at ksu.edu>:

<snip>

> All in all, it amounts to
> about 40-40 gigabytes. I know there is a lot of duplication among all
> these libraries and I would like to consolidate them into one library
> (I'm getting an iPod!), but I don't want to spend my life going through
> looking for the duplicates. So, here's the question: does anyone know
> of a program or AppleScript that can go through these libraries and get
> rid of the duplicates?

Several ways to do this, one may be to look at the following site for such a
script at Doug's Applescripts for iTunes at

<http://www.malcolmadams.com/itunes/>

Or try google for others, or use the command line to compare the files name
and size properties to sort this out...

> Also, is there any way that I can keep my newly
> consolidated library on a hard drive that's different from the Home
> drive?

Yep, go to the advanced tab of the preferences menu bar item in iTunes and
select browse for the spot you want it to be located.

> I've added additional internal hard drives to both my office and
> home G4s and would like to use them for storage of things like this,
> but iTunes wants to import the files to the users' Music folder.

This can be changed in preferences in iTunes as well by unchecking the box
for this item.

HTH,

Richard