[P1] Utilities to run on ibook: dw vs. tt

Erin Randel bluelight at en.com
Wed Dec 17 08:21:29 PST 2003

Right now disk first aid says I have and invalid volume file count and
a missing thread count.

The larger issue is that I was so excited to be off the old 8500 i used
to work on, that it didn't occur to me the ibook would need
maintenance. Like, at all. And it went to a blue screen in November and
I didn't know what to do except shell out for applecare. Grr. Now I
know about the install disks (nice that the manuals are online, where
you can't read them until you've fixed the machine ;) Grr again. And
I'm trying to figure out which program will help me fix the above
issues so i don't have to reinstall (i don't know how to do that
either) the hard drive, as applecare threatened i might have to.

But also that the program i buy might help me out in the future,
especially if I run it once a week or month or however often i should.
. .

By the way, how and how often to you "backup" your data? This is just
your files, right?

Thanks to all who've responded so far!!!

Erin

On Tuesday, Dec 16, 2003, at 12:25 America/New_York, Zoki wrote:

> Le 16/12/2003 03:45, « Erin Randel » <bluelight at en.com> a écrit :
>
>> Okay, so Norton: Nyet. Anybody know what diskwarrior does that makes
>> it
>> so different from drive 10? Is it what problems it addresses? Is tech
>> tools better than them all?
>

> *** I'm having difficulties understanding what the problem is that you
> want
> to solve. maybe I missed a part of the thread...
>
> Are you having disk problems? Corrupted files?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Zoran.
>
> If C lets you shoot yourself in the foot, C++ lets you blow your whole
> leg
> off.
>   -- Bjarne Stroustrup

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> ----------
>   --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                 |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>    RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>

> $879!

Erin Randel
Blue Light Consulting