[P1] Worrisome static zaps

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Thu Dec 18 05:54:03 PST 2003

On Dec 17, 2003, at 7:13 PM, May Hall wrote:

> I have a little humidifier, made by Sunbeam, that holds a pint of
> water. I also have a thermometer that also shows the humidity level.
> I watch it and keep the humidity level at 50 per cent. No static and
> the little humidifier has a blue LED light that lights up the mist, so
> it looks cool, too.

If it's one of those ultrasonic ones, make sure that you
either use distilled water or don't have much mineral
content in your tap water.  We tried one once and it
deposited a fine layer of grit throughout the entire
house.  Not the best thing for moving parts, though
now that floppies are unheard of it's probably not
as bad for your computer as it was formerly.

	Mike Beede