[P1] Worrisome static zaps

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Fri Dec 19 11:04:57 PST 2003

Larry Kollar on 12/17/03 11:12 AM wrote:

> I use (liberally) anti-static spray around my work area, which stinks
> mightily but helps some -- are there any other tips? The wife doesn't
> like the smell, but I like even less the idea of my primary computer
> dying of shock....

I use a 50/50 mix of water and fabric softener (Snuggle, Downey etc.) in a
hand pump bottle for my anti-static spray. It works great and you can pick
your favorite scent (although I prefer no scent). I spray the floor and my
chair for best results. It's a lot more cost effective and seems to last
about a week or so for me.

For whatever reason I generate a great deal of static electricity so the
above solution is great. Can you say "spontaneous human combustion"? Some
day, when the air is especially dry, I fear this as my future... :^)

-Mark