[P1] clamshell battery sources

Gary Adams gdadams1 at cox.net
Mon Dec 22 20:35:53 PST 2003

On Monday, December 22, 2003, at 09:57 PM, David Crump wrote:

> I'm ready to get a new battery for my clamshell ibook (still have a
> few months of AppleCare left, but they told me they don't cover
> batteries after something like 3 months).  I am curious if anyone
> knows any good sources other than Apple for a Clamshell iBook Battery.

The problem with buying clamshell batteries from anyone but Apple (at
this point) is that they are likely to be dead from sitting on the
shelf so long. A couple of years ago, I bought two for $60 (yes, I
know, a steal) from Overstock.com. They were DOA. Only after I got the
SmartDisk battery charger was I able to use the batteries.

Gary