Reviving a dead clamshell battery

tinman heart93 at woh.rr.com
Tue Dec 23 11:04:11 PST 2003

The recent postings on clamshell batteries prompted me to pull out one
of the extras I had in storage. I plugged it in & sure enough, the
iBook will only work when plugged in. The machine doesn't recognize
recognize that there is a battery in the machine. I have read of others
who have had success resurrecting the batteries with a VST charger. I
was wondering if anyone knows of any alternate methods I can attempt. I
would like to avoid purchasing a charger that may or may not work, if
possible.

TIA

tinman
heart93 at woh.rr.com