[P1] Hello?

Robert Newman rlnewmanitools at mac.com
Mon Dec 29 17:19:09 PST 2003

Greetings:

I have been totally happy with my iBook; however in October, I did
experience the problem stated below.  Whenever I would move my screen a
1/4 inch backward or forward from the normal (for my eyes) position,
the backlight would go off.  It still had 1 month left on the original
1 year warranty, and I immediately purchased AppleCare.  It was back in
less than a week, and is working great.  I seldom use it as intended,
i.e. portable.  I did have the habit of closing it each time that I
finished using it, and re-opening it whenever I needed to use it again.
  So I assume that the constant flexing of the  wires in the hinge
caused my problem.  I now leave it open all of the time, and only close
it if I need to use it at work, or church.  Other than that problem it
has been bullet-proof.

Robert Newman