[P1] Wireless routers compatible with Airport

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 30 20:01:53 PST 2003

My daughter has a LinkSys router she's very happy with, but then again she's
also very knowledgeable.

When I bought my iBook I bought an ABS at the same time, and when I got
AppleCare it automatically covered the Base Station as well, both for
telephone tech support, which I had to use quite often and then, when it
burned out after a year and a half, they replaced it free.

There was a good article in MacWorld about a year or so ago comparing
wireless routers and you can probably find it in their archives or through a
Google search.

My recollection was they concluded that if you were pretty tech savvy you
could save the money and go with several of the ones they thought worked
well, but if you wanted simplicity and good tech support you should stick
with the higher priced Apple router.

Brian