Movies from Stills

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 31 19:53:44 PST 2003

The recent thread about importing digitals into iMovie reawakened a few
neurons and I remembered two ways to do this that don't require more
software.

Drag the jpegs into iPhoto and select them. Select the menu item
File:Export and select Quicktime to make a movie from the selected
stills. Set whatever options you prefer. The movie you create can be
inserted into iMovie.

Open Quicktime PRO, that's the version you pay $29 for a password.
Select File:Open Image Sequence and select a folder of images and ONE
of those images. Then click Open and the entire folder of still images
will be made into a movie. Chose xx seconds per frame for the stills.
The frames will be the size of your jpeg so you might want to reduce
the size in advance using a graphics prg. Of course you're back in
iMovie again with the same problem we started with...  :)

Again, resizing your jpegs to 720x480 might help or whatever the actual
size should be.