[P1] internet and email problems after waking up from sleep

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Feb 2 06:37:31 PST 2003

I posted about a week ago with problems involving internet and email
connections after waking from sleep. Thanks to all those who had suggestions
or help...I hadn't checked if the battery or clock functions in the menu bar
were updated during those times when I experienced these problems and I have
had issues with both of these things taking their time to update after
sleep...has anyone with similar problems tried relaunching finder (force
quit) or other ways of speeding things up after waking from sleep without
having to logout or reboot? Does anyone know what processes are followed
after waking up? Assuming the 'Book writes the RAM contents to disk before
going to sleep to protect them (correct me if I'm wrong) would never
allowing the HD to sleep in System Prefs Energy Saver be a remedy against
cranky waking habits and therefore my internet problems? I will obviously
try these things but appreciate any thoughts from the community...

Pat, as you mention a cranky waking procedure as well, do you put your HD to
sleep in Energy Saver settings? Have you tried changing these settings
already?

TIA,

Richard