Web Cam for iBook...More Questions!

Joe jabeleda at nbn.net
Sat Feb 8 03:52:51 PST 2003

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 12:25 PM, Joe wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I convinced a friend to switch from a PeeCee to a new  iBook.
> However, she would like to use a web cam with Yahoo IM or stream the
> cam on her web site. The newest version of IM says it supports web
> cam-ing with the Mac, though I  noticed  a lot of the USB web cams
> only indicate they are PC compatible.  Is she out of luck if this is
> so?
>
> TIA

Thanks to everyone for their input, she is now able to use her web cam
successfully with Yahoo IM with ioXperts USB Cam driver, and make
Quicktime  movies with Macam!   Now another question has arisen. How do
you make a minute or two movie (over 200mb) into a web manageable size,
maybe 2 to 5 mb.? I believe she has Quicktime Pro 6.2 if that helps...

TIA!