[P1] 10.2.3 SUCKS! NOT!!!

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 12 07:32:46 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 10:26  AM, Guy McMickle wrote:

> I can't find the reply to my original post which led me to the apple
> discussion board discussing this problem.  I believe it was Charles
> Martin which send me the URL.  Anyway, there is a bug in the system
> that affects laptops.  It's a bug that causes a kernel panic when you
> log out.

I shut down my tiBook several times a day, which I assume is the same
as logging out. I also log out to switch to a user account where I only
run iMovie since I found it was quitting, before the latest upgrade,
before it finished the import. This seemed to solve the problem.

I have not had any kernel panic under Jaguar or 10.2.3, the latest
update.

---
jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com