[P1] 10.2.3 SUCKS! NOT!!!

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Wed Feb 12 09:52:57 PST 2003

Guy McMickle on 2/12/03 10:26 AM wrote:

> hardware I am using is an iBook 500, 10GB, DVD, with 640MB RAM.  The
> machine was bout roughly 16 months ago.

Same as mine ('cept I have the combo drive and upgraded to a 40GB drive).

I'm happy to report that I've yet to encounter a kernel panic, or any OSX
system related problems for that matter (just IE5 & Entourage crap-outs),
and I work this little iBook hard. However I never shut it down (I put it to
sleep), but I have restarted it several times after installs and upgrades.
As such I rarely have to log out.

I've found it to be more stable than OS9.x and have never had it crash or
lock up in any version since I started using OSX (starting with v10.1.2).

I guess I should count my blessing.

-Mark