Airport internet sharing, recent problems

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Wed Feb 12 15:49:58 PST 2003

Hey Gang ..

Wonder what went wrong ..

I was able to get connected (via modem) with my ibook and share that
connection with my second ibook ... But recently that does not work anymore
..
"share internet connection" is on in the internet tab in sharing .. The
symbol shows an outgoing signal and the receiving ibook shows that it
receives the right names airport card and shows full signal (they sit next
to each other)  .. But email does not download, and no website shows up ..

It USED to work great .. I have no idea what setting I may have touched that
jinxed it .. I checked if appletalk is on .. And that is set for airport ..
Not for ethernet (why can appletalk do only one of each ?)

Both machines are running 10.2.3.

Any advice, greatly appreaciated

(in best times, my iMac and tangerine iBook would pick up the internet
through airport from the 500 mhz icebook, and the PC would get it via
ethernet .. )

Thanks

Peter