[P1] New Jag & Printer driver

Ally Maddox almenter at madisontelco.com
Sat Feb 15 21:19:54 PST 2003

Thank you, Linda for your help. I downloaded 10.2.3 (supposedly) and
then found out that I needed to "install" it. Tonight I did that. After
five hours of being online, watching that scroll thing move slower than
anything can move, it came up with a "cannot finish, a problem was
detected" message.

It used to be that Macintosh was the best computer. All you had to do
was hit a few keys and everything was installed. Now they are worse than
any PC I've ever met. Three and a half hours to download it, and over
five to be told it couldn't be done. And now that I have Jag, it also
has the gall to ask if I'm sure I want to shut down. Macs never did that
before. PC's always ask you to verify if you want to shut down, but
until this install, I had never heard of such a thing on a Mac. What an
insult. You hit the shut down or restart button and it asks you if you
really mean it, or are you so stupid that you hit the button by accident.

I'm really sorry I got this Mac. May the universe forgive me. BTW, the
install was supposed to be for 10.2.4. That was probably the screw up. I
downloaded 10.2.3 and it thought I had downloaded 10.2.4. I'm going bald
waiting for some release from the frustration. And none of these
downloads or installs EVER tell you beforehand, how long you can expect
them to take.

Can anyone out there save my sanity?
Ally