[P1] New Jag & Printer driver

Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Sun Feb 16 21:33:37 PST 2003

Ally Maddox on 2/16/03 9:40 PM wrote:

> Jack Rodgers wrote:
>
>> That is one reason why some folks don't use software update and down
>> load the package from the Apple site instead. This also gives you a copy
>> to save incase you need to do an erase and reinstall later or buy a new
>> drive.
>
> Can you give me an address/URL to go to for this? I always prefer to
> have a hard copy of some sort in my dirty little hands before doing
> anything, just for the reasons you said. I understand I need to go to
> the apple site, but how do I know "download software" from "the package"
> you spoke of?

Don't make life so difficult by doing it all manually. Just run Software
Update. It will do a good job of handing the installation for you. You may
be unsure what updater you need, but it knows exactly.

If you are the type that needs to keep a copy of the installer, then after
you've launched Software Update and checked the items you want to install,
simply go to the Update menu and choose "Download checked items to desktop".
Obviously not everyone is aware of this. This will allow you to keep the
updaters. Once Software Updater has completed the download(s), then tell
Software Update to install it/them. Or run them manually yourself.

Also, if you need information about what's new in each update, then click on
it in the Software Updater window and read the description provided.

-Mark