[P1] Free/cheap modem internet access on road?

MarJo mjbirdsong at applelinks.net
Thu Feb 20 07:19:07 PST 2003

   I should have done some research before recommending
Juno!
   I can give you the name of another absolutely free
dial-up site:  www.eudoramail.com.   It is powered by Lycos.
There's only automated support -- no human support -- it is
for both macs & pcs.  It works pretty well.  Advertising is
hardly noticeable.
   MarJo

> >>  I know in the past, Juno was Windows only.
> >>  Has this changed?
> >>  I'll go check out their site.
> >
> >I too went to Juno's site and I see that they do support
> >Mac OSX, but they don't support OS9 or earlier.   MarJo
> Juno supports Mac OSX, but only in the Platinum version,
which costs
> $9.95 per month.  There is no free Juno for Macs.
>
> Also, live tech support is available, but it is NOT free.
> It will
> either cost you $1.95 per minute, or a flat fee of
> $14.95, depending
> on where you are calling from.
>
> I have no personal experience with Juno, so I can't
> comment on how
> good or bad they are.
>
> Cheers -
> RJLaue