[P1] Friend has a "slow" iBook...

Anders Bogdan anders at theworks.org
Thu Feb 20 10:11:14 PST 2003

First of all, the iBook laptop and therefore has slower disk, launching
is mainly a function of how fast the computer can read the disk. In
general a desktop will be faster at this... but a couple seconds to
open the finder? That's wacked.
Are you using OS9?? If so, sorry I can't help, I know zilch about os9,
but if you are using OSX you might want to check in
SystemPreferences-.EnergySaver under the Options tab (for how you are
using the iBook, ie power adaptor or battery) and see if Processor
Performance is set to highest or reduced. Also, check if you have the
drive sleeping after a short amount of time, so in effect you are
always waking it up to access it.

anyway, good luck
anders