Mac.com Question

W. J. Morrow wmorrow at twcny.rr.com
Fri Feb 21 09:10:55 PST 2003

> From: Shahara9 at aol.com
> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:58:51 EST
> Subject: [P1] Mac.com Question
>
> I have a 2yo icebook.
> I don't yet have Mac.com.
> If I purchase a Domain name with someone
> (thinking GoDaddy)
> can I upload my website domain onto my Mac.com space (mydomainname.com)
> and if so, is there a way to get email (me at mydomainname.com)
> thru Outlook or another mail system?
> thanks,
> ~shahara in WI
>

> ------------------------------
Shahara,

Yes it is possible to do this. I purchased my domain name (www.wjmorrow.com)
through Yahoo Domains and I host it using my .Mac account. I also have
(through the Yahoo Domains) an email account that uses my domain name. I can
get the mail either through a web-mail system or through the Mail app.
Yahoo Domains is not the cheapest alternative out there, and I will probably
be moving it this year when it comes up for renewal, but for now it works
great.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bill